Schneider Electric Modicon M340 Controllers
Modicon M340 controllers by Schneider Electric
The American company Bedford Associates created the first programmable logic controller (PLC) in 1968 for service an electronic replacement for hard-wired relay systems. The success of the invention gave rise to a global revolution in industry. PLCs implement intelligence and logic in machines and automated processes used in industry, infrastructure, and buildings.
Bedford Associates created a new company dedicated to developing, manufacturing, selling, and servicing for product which was named MODICON - MOdular DIgital CONtroller.
In 1977, Modicon was acquired by Gould Electronics, which later sold the company to AEG in 1989. Then in 1994, AEG and Groupe Schneider merged to form AEG Schneider Automation, and in 1996 it became fully owned by Groupe Schneider, which was renamed Schneider Electric in 1999.
Programmable Logic Controller ( PLC) the Modicon M340 manufactured by Schneider Electric - is the most compact PLCs of the series Modicon, having increased flexibility and functionality of the memory of the highest class. Despite its small size, Modicon M340 has high performance, high speed of processing binary instructions. PLC Modicon M340 used in the most demanding industries: oil and gas, packaging and material handling, textile industry, wood processing, infrastructure, dispatching electricity and more.
Modicon M340 Features and Benefits
- compact dimensions (WxHxD) 100x32x93 mm
- A USB port is built into every Modicon M340 model
- 8 MB of RAM will save up to 7 instructions / msec
- counter modules with a ready-made set of functions
- all Modicon M340 models are equipped with an SD memory card slot (256 KB)
- built-in CANopen
- connection to Modicon M340 is possible via Ethernet over a network or in point-to-point mode, as well as using a modem ( RTC, GSM / GPRS, Radio) or ADSL
- additional file storage with a capacity of up to 16MB with FTP access
- motion control function block library, PLCopen standard MFB library (motion control function blocks) and extended control block library with a focus on aggregate control
- the design of the rack allows you to install and remove modules directly during operation (Hot-Swap)
Modicon control software
Modicon m340 PLCs are equipped with Unity Pro software. This software allows you to get direct access to tools and information, and has convenient graphical configuration settings. The Drag&Drop function allows you to drag objects with the mouse, which greatly simplifies the process of building tasks. Unity Pro supports the DFB library for application diagnostics.
Modicon M340 processor modules:
Modicon M340 Accessories
- counter modules and functional blocks for controlling moving mechanisms
- additional memory cards for 8 MB or 16 MB
- terminal block kits
- communication ports and modules
- screw and spring pads
- DC or AC power modules
- mounting chassis
- programming cables and connecting accessories
- expansion modules for discrete, analog and distribution I / O
Find out more about our offer by visiting the tabs with Siemens-PLC and Schneider-PLC products. If the product you are looking for is not on our website or you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or directly at our representatives (addresses available in the "CONTACT" tab). We are able to supply you with all Siemens and Schneider PLC products, including those already withdrawn from production. Check our offer!